When I was a child they wanted to give me glasses because it is common for children to have issues with eyesight during development. I refused to wear glasses. So since the doctor could not convince me to wear glasses he suggested I do eye exercises. Every night for 15 minutes my mom would take a pen and would have me focus on it as she would bring it toward and away from the face. The task was to focus on the pen and not let it to double as it came closer to the face. This caused the eyes to cross and therefore strengthened the muscles. Below are great ways to improve your eye strength. It worked for me as a child. And even now when I do some of these exercises my eyes feel really good after.
- Warm your eyes. Rub your palms together to create heat, and then place them against your eyes for five seconds. Repeat this three times.
- Roll your eyes. Start by looking up and then slowly circle 10 times clockwise and 10 times counterclockwise.
- Focus. Hold a pen at arm’s length, focus your eyes on it, and slowly bring the pen closer until it’s about 6 inches away from your nose. Then slowly move it back, keeping your eyes focused on the pen, 10 times in all.
- Massage your temples. Using your thumb knuckles, massage your temples in small circles, 20 times in one direction and 20 in the other. Repeat the same actions above the mid-point of the eyebrows at the forehead, then below the eyes on both sides of the bridge of the nose.
*With eyes closed, look in the direction of the sun or a full spectrum light for 15 to 20 seconds.
* Continuing to keep eyes closed gently turn the head away from the sun and back.
* To change the focal length of the lens & improve the internal muscles of the eyeballs, look at an object up close and then at a distance. For example look at your hand 6 inches from your face and then look at an object on the horizon. Repeat this exercise for 15 times without straining.
* Blink eyelids hard and rapidly for 30 seconds.
* Look up and to the left and hold this fixed position for 15 seconds.
* Look down and to the left and hold for 15 seconds.
* Look up and to the right and hold for 15 seconds.
* Look down and to the right and hold for 15 seconds.
* Look directly to the right and hold for 15 seconds.
* Look down to the end of the nose and hold for 15 seconds.
* Look down toward the tongue and hold for 15 seconds.
* Look upward and inward trying to look at the space between the eyebrows and hold for 15 seconds.
Reference: Natural News.