1. the basic nature of a thing; the quality/qualities that make a thing what it is and determines its character.
2. a substance obtained from a plant, drug, or the like, by distillation, infusion, etc., and containing its characteristic properties in concentrated form.
3. one that possesses or exhibits a quality in abundance as if in concentrated form <she was the essence of purity>
4. the most significant element, quality, or aspect of a thing or person <the essence of the issue>
Flower essences, crystal essences, and the essence of food is another thing one can begin to focus on as they ascend. Some have said that once your DNA begins to evolve and you move towards a higher frequency of functioning, you require less food. Therefore, it seems rational to consume foods and whatever else of the purest quality with a beautiful essence.
Food is dense, therefore it supports our dense human body. However, we are Beings that are much more that our physical bodies, therefore it is important to support the subtle yet powerful aspects of ourselves. Our aura, etheric bodies, and energetic field can benefit by working with essences.
Making your own crystal essences or crystal elixirs is cheap, easy, enjoyable and effective.
1. Decide what essence to make. Why are you making it? Is this essence being made with a specific person in mind, or a specific state of mind or ailment? Set your intention.
2. Cleanse the crystal with cool water or sage.
3. Place the crystal in the water within a clear glass and leave the essence alone to develop in the Sunlight. The Sun’s rays help the energy signature of the crystal move into the water.
4. You will probably need to leave it there for three to four hours. Use pendulum to check how long it will take or rely on your intuition to tell you.