I am a M.A. graduate from the School of Social Service Administration at the University of Chicago. During my academic career I was exposed to social welfare issues, human development, direct practice intervention strategies, social outreach, program management, policy, and research. With these skills I plan to advance social and economic justice.
I desire to work with children and their families. I want to share my knowledge about nutrition and holistic health care. It is vital to teach society about the importance of positive thinking, learning how to quiet the mind, and becoming informed on the foods that cause illness vs. foods that heal.
Please find below a few bullets about my background:
- Bachelors in Psychology from The University of Illinois and Masters in Social Service Administration from The University of Chicago
- More than three years of experience working with culturally diverse and economically disadvantaged populations.
- Experience advocating to a wide spectrum of stakeholders on behalf of children, teenagers, and older adults.
- Solid knowledge about nutrition and holistic health care.
- Strong passion for sustainable communities and food that promote resource efficiency, environmental sensitivity, and attention to human well-being.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.